Friday, February 22, 2013

What People Think When You Have Only 2 Children

One of the many blessings in my life is Christian radio. WBYN 107.5fm plays in my kitchen non-stop. I never turn it off. And my car radio only gets that same station, too. (Well, KYW to warn me about traffic, I guess.) In our area this station features RICH Focus on the Family authors and speakers/sermons during the 9 and 10 o'clock hours. I've heard the most incredible and thought provoking messages of late, and I swear if you see me tooling around in my van and recognize my plate on Lancaster Ave around these times, don't be surprised if you find me crying like a baby. Ann Kiemel. She's a remarkable speaker/author who shared her story of infertility and open adoption. I swear you must listen. She sounds like an itty bitty thing (and sure enough, she is) who made a decision in her early 30's to sign up for the Boston marathon. She had never run before and was not physically fit. But she endeavored to share Jesus with those she met along the way during her training! Her story of years of infertility hit me square in the heart and I sobbed and sobbed when she testified about how God eventually filled her empty arms with a baby of her own. Wait until you hear. When you have two children, people automatically think that's all you wanted. That's what I used to think. In February of 2012, my husband and I were thrilled to learn we would have another baby. Our third together. Before this I couldn't shake the thought of missing someone -- I just felt like someone was missing! Just ONE more, Lord? I know we're aged like Abraham and Sarah, but please Lord? God took that baby from us and since then we've been longing, longing for another. So why did He take our baby? So that I could learn compassion for other women who have suffered the same. Now God has opened up a door for me to listen, grieve and comfort other ladies who have ached like me. When I heard Ann's story, I took my boys in my arms and squeezed them with all my might. And I was finally able to thank God - not question Him - for the beautiful treasure that sometimes I forget they are to me. Now if I can just get the mister to open his heart to adoption... Up. I'm crying again. I thought this blog was supposed to be funny? Maybe tomorrow. LISTEN TO ANN KIEMEL HERE: http://www.focusonthefamily.com/popups/media_player.aspx?MediaId={597B02CA-95AB-43F9-8F91-446E963A140E}">

No comments:

Post a Comment